Happy Thursday friends! Amidst being super busy with work, feeling sick and not getting nearly enough sleep, I decided to take the morning off yesterday for some much-needed Rocky Mountain therapy with my bestie. Going snowshoeing was actually something that Paige and I talked about doing (in the winter) all the time in the summer and fall- but yesterday was the very first time we actually went together! Considering that today is the first day of spring, it might also be the last for the season. Maybe.
We went to Lily Lake- which is a bit of a drive, but totally worth it. Paige hadn’t been there before and I’ve talked about how pretty it is over and over again. It was a clear, beautiful, sunny, perfect day.
On days like yesterday, it’s worth it to just push everything aside for a few hours- even if that means that you’ll end up working until bedtime.
Anyway. It’s been over a month since I turned 34, and once again, I’m just getting around to posting my to-do list for the current year. I’ve been making these lists for two years now and looking back at last year’s list, I’m a little disappointed in the things that I didn’t accomplish. Don’t get me wrong- I’m definitely happy about all of the things that I did do, and moving across the country and finding a new job certainly took a bit of effort. Some of the items that I didn’t get to (like lose the weight I’ve gained since I got married!) will be an on-going journey and aren’t things that I can just do in one day. Others (like make sauerkraut or go fly-fishing) could easily be accomplished in one day.
For this year’s list, I’ve decided to make it a combination of simple goals and other things that are a bit more complex (that I really hope to accomplish. Some are repeats of last year (and even the year before), but are things that I want to do again. Here goes:
34 While 34
1. Visit a new state
2. Go camping
3. Summit a 14er (that I haven’t climbed yet)
4. Go to a concert at Red Rocks
5. Try a new fitness class
6. Visit all 4 parents in all 3 states
7. Go to a Rockies game
8. Plan a beer-pairing dinner with friends
9. Try a new outdoor “sport”
10. Buy a house
11. Go on a brewery tour (that I haven’t already done)
12. Visit southern or western Colorado
13. Run in some kind of race
14. Sing karaoke
15. Create a new cocktail recipe
16. Take a road trip
17. Unplug for an entire weekend
18. Plan a romantic date night
19. Attend a play or musical
20. Get a haircut
21. Ski at a new (to me) resort
22. Go kayaking
23. Learn a new skill
24. Visit a museum in Denver
25. Go to the Denver zoo
26. Attend a canvas & cocktails type of class
27. Go white water rafting
28. Attend (or host!) a “Chopped” style dinner (idea inspired by Erin!)
29. Try a new food (or cuisine)
30. Find a new dentist, doctor, etc. (this is a must)
31. Go swimming
32. Get certified to teach TRX
33. Get dressed up really nice to go somewhere (even just to dinner)
I’m still thinking of one more item… Got any suggestions?
Stay tuned for updates!
What do you hope to accomplish this year?