Whoa- it’s Friday! Hooray! It’s been a pretty exhausting week and I am ready for the weekend for sure. I look forward to sleeping in a bit and heading down to Denver on Sunday to cheer on my friends running the Rock ‘N Roll Marathon! It’s supposed to be mid-60s and super sunny tomorrow, so that’s definitely enough reason to smile.
Here’s a few things from the week and general stuff on my mind:
• Thanks for your thoughts on yesterday’s post. I hope it didn’t come off as bratty or whiny- I just needed to air some of that stuff out. Ironically, my class yesterday was a lot better than Tuesday’s cycle class. There were still a few people doing their own thing and one woman that texted on her phone the entire time (a different woman!) but some friendly faces stuck around after and chatted with me for a bit. I know it will get better, and just have to learn not to let it get to me.
• I had a wonderful hike at Mt. Sanitas yesterday afternoon with my friend Andrea and one of my other favorite buddies- Jackson!
Andrea and I met at the Upslope/Blackbelly Catering beer pairing dinner in July (we were seated next to her and her boyfriend) and I joke that she was my first “real” friend I made since I moved out here. I am very lucky to have a large group of wonderful friends in Colorado- and I met most of them through blogging! Andrea loves to hike and bike, which is a definite friend perk for me! I’ve hiked at Mt. Sanitas a ton of times, but haven’t ever brought either of the dogs. I actually don’t take them hiking a lot out here because most of the trails are pretty steep and rocky and require a bit of balance and climbing. Jackson and Lance don’t do well with “scrambling” so I opt to leave them at home. But, yesterday I felt like giving Sanitas a shot with Jackson. He did really well! He got a little scared in a few spots (mostly because he tried to run right up a big rock and slipped right down) and I had to lift him up twice- but he made it!
I was so proud of my little buddy. It’s ridiculous how much I love this pup.
And I don’t play favorites- I love this guy just as much:
• I am really looking forward to sitting on my couch tonight, catching up on DVR and eating homemade pizza with Greg. After having two late nights out last weekend in Denver, being a homebody this weekend sounds pretty awesome.
• I went to a really great event at with Kelly and new friend Jillian at Whole Foods in Boulder last night. It was a “Non-GMO Supper Club” hosted by the fabulous Dana and Stephanie! The girls put together a dinner each month with a different theme. Since October is non-GMO month, the dinner was very fitting. It included four courses and all foods were organic and/or non-GMO certified. My kind of food!
We had a spinach and chickpea salad, butternut squash and truffle risotto, spaghetti squash and meatballs and poached pairs for dessert. Everything was super delicious – but I was pretty much stuffed by the third course!
• FoodGawker accepted my Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding on the first try.
That has only ever happened once. Usually I have to edit and re-submit a photo at least 5 times before they accept it (if at all!). Every time I submit a photo, I get inspired to bake/cook more and take pretty photographs. Unfortunately, that inspiration is usually short lived and I go back to being lazy and using my iPhone.
• I’m headed to Maryland in a few weeks for my youngest stepsister’s wedding. She’s marrying a great guy that we all really love and I’m super happy for both of them! Greg is coming along this time, and I’m happy about that too. We’re going to get together with a few friends while we’re there including this girl (I think we’re probably going to tackle each other!) and enjoy time with my family. I’m sure the whole visit will go by extremely fast and but I’m definitely looking forward to it! I’m also happy to know that this lovely friend has generously offered to watch both of the dogs while we’re away! Hooray for dog-loving friends!
I haven’t scrubbed it off yet- because I love it! Now I really want a real tattoo there…. but I’m not going to do it any time soon. I have a tattoo on my back that I got during spring break in Florida my freshman year of college. I hate it. Well, it’s not really the tattoo that I hate so much- it’s having it right there in the middle of my back. I didn’t give it a lot of thought before getting it, and just thought I was young and cool and went for it. If I ever get any more ink, I’ll give it some time to think about. But man… I really like having a little artwork on my forearm!
• For the first time ever, I have on “normal” Jamberry Nail sheilds.
And I kind of like them! I love having funky nail designs, but every now and then it’s nice to tone it down. If you’re interested in getting some Jamberry Nails, check out their site here – all designs are buy 3 get 1 free and can last at least two weeks!
aaaaaaannnnnnd that’s it! Have a fantastic weekend!!
Did you get any tattoos when you were younger (and if so, do you still like them)?
What’s your favorite way to spend a Friday night?