One of my favorite types of posts on my friend Cassie’s blog is her “confessions” series. Every time she writes a new confessions post I find myself nodding in agreement to everything she writes (and typing out comments that are way too long). Coincidentally, Cassie added a new Confessions post yesterday that I just noticed as I was typing this post!
In the words of Usher: these are my confessions:
1. I talk to my dogs more than any sane person should.
I make up songs about them, tell them I love them 100x a day and have actual conversations with them (as if they would respond back). I make up voices for them (to talk to Greg) and am convinced they’re really people trapped inside of adorable dog bodies. They both have incredible, distinct personalities and are very much “my children.”
2. I don’t watch any of the “cool” tv shows like Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy or even Duck Dynasty. I have nothing against any of those shows and kind of wished I watched a few so I could join in on the conversations that almost all of my friends have about them.
I’ll be honest… I got really geeked up for the new series of Survivor.
Other shows I’m stoked about returning? Parenthood, Top Chef, Modern Family, Amazing Race and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
3. I’m ridiculously in love with Boulder.
I feel like around here there are two kinds of people: those who love Denver and those who love Boulder. I am definitely the latter. I live pretty much smack in between the two, but usually tell people I live “outside of Boulder.” Denver is just too much of a “big city” for me and I get a little stressed any time that I have to drive there for work. Boulder is super laid-back and I just feel so happy and at home whenever I’m there (which is pretty much every single day). I even still get giddy when I drive into Boulder and see the amazing view (if you are familiar with highway 36, you know what I mean). I’m hoping that when we buy a house in the spring it’s either in or very close to Boulder.
4. Yesterday I wrote a post about plating food to make it look pretty.
The truth is- I rarely ever do that. Most of the time my plates look boring and everything’s just kind of thrown together. It’s nice to have dinner look like it came from a restaurant sometimes, but I usually don’t have the patience for that.
5. I am really, really horrible about keeping up with blogs. Months ago, I loaded a few of my friends’ blog addresses into Bloglovin’ but still haven’t gone back to add the rest.
I love reading blogs- and there’s so many that I miss reading on a daily basis. The problem is that once I start, I get totally sucked in and spend hours reading through my friends’ posts. I will generally read the few that are loaded into my Bloglovin’ list on my cell phone when I get an email reminder at the end of the day. So if I haven’t kept up with yours – please don’t take it personally. Blame it on me being too lazy (or busy, rather) to update my reader. And thank YOU for sticking around to read mine.
6. My partner-in-crime and I have the same sense of humor as two 13-year old boys.
Did you know that we work together too now? Yay!
You really wouldn’t want to hear some of the conversations we have, but I can assure you that most are not appropriate for two 30-ish women. There are certain words that we say way too much (I’ll spare you the specifics) that make us laugh way more than they should. But I’m okay with that.
That’s it for now- have a great Thursday!
Do you have any confessions to share?