Happy Friday, friends! I’m pretty sure that karma is paying my back for bragging about how warm it was here for the last week. It’s freezing now! I’m talking negative temperatures freezing. The funny thing is- when you stand in the sun it doesn’t feel that bad. But, as soon as that sun goes down… watch out! People keep telling me that Colorado has some crazy weather. It could easily be back in the 60s next week (last January had several days that were in the 70s!). I guess I’ll never get “bored” by the weather around here!
While I’m stuck inside a little more than usual I find myself watching a little more television than usual and listening to a lot of music. Therefore, the theme for today’s 5×5 is just that: a little bit about tv, movies and music. Enjoy!
5×5 for Friday: Random Media Edition
5 current shows on TV that I love (that further prove how uncool I am):
1. Watch What Happens Live
I seriously think that Andy Cohen is the most underrated tv personality there is. He is SO GREAT! Andy does a live show nearly every night of the week and rarely stumbles over a word or misses a beat. He (almost) always has great guests and plays all kinds of silly, fun games. Plus, he’s adorable, funny and seems like he’s the nicest guy in the world. I’m a fan.
This is one of Greg’s and my favorite shows to watch together. I can’t ever watch the same episode twice, but love when new ones come on!
3. The Millionaire Matchmaker
I’m sure that you are already aware of my love for Patti and all of her antics. The new season premiered last night (and you would’ve thought it was Christmas Eve in my house!).
4. The Goldbergs
I never, ever hear anyone talk about this show- but I really like it! It takes place in the 80s and the references are pretty spot-on (without being cheesy or overdoing it). The actors are really great and the story lines are always hilarious (which are based on the creator Adam Goldberg’s childhood).
5. Shahs of Sunset
Does any of you readers watch this show? I’d love to know your thoughts if so! It’s SO ridiculous but I just can’t turn it off. And Reza totally makes the show.
5 tv shows that I miss:
1. Freaks & Geeks I’ve started to catch old episodes of this on FX. If you didn’t watch Freaks & Geeks when it was new, be sure to check it out on Netflix! You’ll recognize a lot of the cast!
2. Lipstick Jungle Anyone remember this? I loved this show when it was on. Sure, it was totally cheesy, but it was very entertaining! That being said, I’m not really surprised that it got canceled.
3. Don’t Trust the B in Apt 23 I know that this show was canceled last year but don’t know why! It was so funny – and it had Dawson as a cast member!
4. Happy Endings This used to come on either before or after the show mentioned above and was also canceled. Boo!
5. What About Brian Okay, I’m digging deep here. This show was on around 2006 or so and my old roommate and I used to love watching it together. Anyone remember it?(I could’ve added my favorite shows of all time to the list: Six Feet Under, My So-Called Life, Felicity and The Wonder Years, but they deserve their own, separate category. Well… Freaks & Geeks is good enough to be listed with them…) 5 (upcoming) movies that I want to see:
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
I am a HUGE fan of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit films. The LOTR movies came out when I was in college and I think I saw each one about 5 times in the theater (it helped that I had a friend work there and we got in for free!).
2. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
This will probably be the movie that Greg & I see on Christmas Day.
3. The Hunger Games Catching Fire
I know, I know. I should read the books. And maybe I will someday- but for now, I just enjoy the movies. I finally saw the first Hunger Games a few weeks ago and loved it (even though I think the plot is really messed up!). I’ve heard such great things about the second movie!
4. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
I love every single thing about this movie (and I’ll be so disappointed if it sucks!).
5. Dallas Buyers Club
Not only does this movie look incredible, it stars three actors that I am a big fan of! I’m really curious to see such different roles for Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey.
5 bands/artists that I’ve loved for a long time and have never seen live (and would still love to!):
1. Pearl Jam
3. Smashing Pumpkins
The last five songs I downloaded on iTunes:
1. Band of Horses No One’s Gonna Love You (swoon)
2. Blondie Atomic (which was stuck in my head last week for some odd reason)
3. Ke$ha C’mon (to play while teaching Spinning class)
4. Bruno Mars Treasure (also for Spinning class!)
5. Morrissey Suedehead (man, I used to LOVE me some Morrissey back in the day! This makes me want to listen to Depeche Mode, The Cure and New Order all day long)
That’s it for today- have a fantastic weekend!
Do you have any thoughts to share about any of the “things” listed above?